"COVID-19 and Early Care and Education Considerations Before Reopening" from Head Start ECLKC explores the latest research- and science-informed resources and practices on caring for children during the coronavirus.
Written for ECE program directors and staff members as well as T/TA staff, this tool can be accessed online as well as downloadable text.
Specifically this learning module higlights:
- Caring for Our Children policies and procedures pertinent to the pandemic.
- How to involve your Health Services Advisory Committee in reopening decisions.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention decision tree to help directors and administrators make reopening decisions.
- Considerations for screening children and staff members upon arrival.
- Current guidance on wearing masks.
- Guidelines for cleaning and disinfecting surfaces and objects.
- Caring for children with special health care needs.
- Supporting staff and family wellness.
In addition, you'll find direct links to links to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and ECLKC updates, so that providers don't have to waste time searching for the appropriate guidance and regulations.